First and foremost, I'm a Christ-follower. Then, God has blessed me to be the husband of a professional musician who is the love of my heart. He also enriched my life with two precious daughters and three busy grandchildren, one of whom we are raising.
Life keeps me active as an author, an instructor at a university, a visiting professor at a seminary, as a life coach and counselor with Relavate, and public speaker. For more fun, I get lost in the world of photography.
My mission is to use my gifts, skills, and talents to mentor, serve, do good, and bring value to others in order to help them flourish in life. There are three ways I do this:
- Through blogs and books.
- Through coaching and counseling.
- As a speaker at churches, conferences, and seminars.
It would be a joy and privilege to help you in any of these ways, so please contact me at your earliest convenience.
- For someone who did not like school, it's as much a surprise to me as to others that I graduated high school, and then earned an A.S. in biology, a B.A. in history and social sciences, an M.Div. in pastoral ministry and counseling, and a doctorate in ministry.
- Over the years, there have been a few other accomplishments:
- Served in the U.S. Army.
- Owned a professional image consulting franchise.
- Taught in public schools.
- Started a private school working as the principal, counselor, and teacher.
- Started a church in California.
- Served as a pastor in three other churches.
- With the master's degree, I received a certificate in biblical counseling. For more than twenty years, I have counseled dozens of individuals and families in a wide spectrum of issues. These include pre-marital, marriage, family, death and grief, and personal concerns.
- My wife and I raised our natural child and an adopted child with Reactive Attachment Disorder. This gave us intense and rich experiences. We also earned our foster care license to care for other children. The years of counseling and therapy, courses and seminars, and extensive research in parenting provided us with in-depth education on parenting and working with trauma affected children.
- To get a more complete picture of my professional background, take a look at the LinkedIn profile.